BY-LAWS OF THE SACRAMENTO WHEELMEN BICYCLE CLUB
Club Fiscal Year
The Club fiscal year shall begin on July 1st and end on the following June 30th. Club internal budgeting/reporting shall be maintained on an October 1st to September 30th cycle.
- A business meeting shall be held monthly or as the Executive Board determines. Dates and times of the business meeting will be announced in advance to the general membership.
- A general meeting for the purpose of providing information, education, or other activity shall be provided monthly or as the Executive Board determines.
- Club Rides will be arranged by the Ride Schedule Director in cooperation with members acting as Ride Leaders.
- The order of club business meetings will follow parliamentary or standard business practice.
- Non-members are welcome at any meeting or Club ride.
- Annual dues will be determined by the Executive Board.
- Annual dues are based on a calendar year and commence the month of initial membership
- A member's annual dues must be paid 30 days prior to membership expiration.
Duties of Officers
In addition to the functions indicated in the Constitution, officers shall have the specific duties as outlined below:
- The President, Vice President and Treasurer may sign all checks disbursing Club funds.
- The Treasurer shall: 1) deposit all funds in the name of the Club at government insured financial institutions, and 2) present reports of financial conditions and operations at business meetings.
- The Ride Schedule Director will coordinate the activities of those members that volunteer to lead planned and published bicycle rides and other social events.
Appointed Committee Directors and Chairpersons
Committee positions can include but are not limited to the following functions:
- Membership Outreach Director: Who shall be responsible to process new and renewal applications, collect, and forward dues to the Treasurer, mail membership materials and other information to members.
- Newsletter Editor: Who shall be responsible to publish ride schedules and newsletters.
- Newsletter Advertising Director: Who shall be responsible to seek out and develop new advertisers for the Club newsletter.
The Executive Board will establish, as needed, special or standing committees to support the Club's activities.
Budgeting and Expenditure of Funds
The Executive Board will be responsible for the budgeting and expenditure of club funds. The Club will not provide financial support for a member's personal cycling activities, social events, or other competitive endeavors.
Safe Bicycling Practices
All club riding practices shall be in accordance with state and local traffic laws. Riding practices required by the Sacramento Wheelmen Bicycle Club include but are not limited to the following:
- Hard shell ANSI approved (or equivalent) cycling helmets must be worn by members and guests on all club rides.
- Always riding in a safe, courteous manner which becomes the Sacramento Wheelmen Bicycle Club and reflects positively on bicycling.
- Ride leaders may, at any time, request a member or guest not participate in a club ride if the ride leader determines the safety of the participant, member, guest or others may be in any jeopardy.
- Members shall maintain their bicycling equipment in safe and serviceable condition.
These By-Laws may be amended by adding a new section or revised by changing a current section by a simple majority of those present at any regular club meeting.
- Adoption of By-Laws
These By-Laws shall be adopted upon acceptance by a simple majority of those present a regular club meeting.
Revised 04/09/12 (Previously Revised 10/12/09)